WHAT IS YOUTUBE?
YouTube is a free online video sharing website. Users from across the globe have made an account on this website. They can upload their videos on this site, which can be viewed by any person.
YouTube was started in 2005. This portal provides an opportunity for people to share, discover and watch original videos.
You can set up your account on YouTube by visiting their website: www.YouTube.com or by simply creating a Gmail account. The Gmail account will always look like email@example.com. Here xyz is your YouTube username.
Once, your account has been created,
- You can start creating and uploading videos to the community of YouTube.
- You can follow and subscribe to your favourite YouTubers
- You can stream your favourite online episodes, tracks or videos
- You can also comment and watch videos and get along with other members.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE:
The “YouTube partner” makes it possible for its associates to make money for each and every view they earn or subscriber they gather on their site. There have been people who quit their jobs and switched over to make full time videos. However, you need to look at the steps shown below:
- While setting up an account on YouTube, you need to take into account the keywords that you would certainly like to include to help potential subscribers find you.
- You need to invest in good web cam equipment. They are reasonably priced and widely available. As you get better at filming, upgrade your equipment.
- You need to set up a Google Ad Sense account. From this, you will make a profit through people clicking on ads from your video.
- Remember, you need to ask your viewers to subscribe and follow you. The more subscribers, the more money. So it is absolutely necessary to ask your viewers to subscribe at the end of every video.
Note: The most flourishing YouTubers didn’t get all those riches overnight. It took them years of enthusiasm and commitment to build up a firm fan base.
You must utilize Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and other social media sites to build up the subscriber base.
SOME WAYS TO GENERATE MONEY FROM YOUTUBE
1. Become a YouTube partner:
Anyone having internet access has the capability to upload videos on YouTube. However, in order to make money off that content, you would be required to get enrolled as YouTube partner.
Nowadays, any person with a good account standing is eligible to become a YouTube partner. They just need to give explicit permission to YouTube to place advertisements around, in and on your video. These ads views obtain money for Google. Partners in return earn a share through an account on Google Ad Sense. The capacity to earn money is precisely dependent on various factors.
You may follow the steps mentioned below to initiate the process to become a YouTube partner:
- Go to “channel settings” page
- On this page, go to “Account monetization” section
- Click “Enable my Account” tab.
Once, your request is approved, you would be on the way to make money from your videos.
You should be prepared for the issues in getting approvals, in case your content violates any copyright agreement or you publish any material which is sexually explicit, racist or abusive. Google will remove all such content. This can even impact the standing of your account.
2. Earning of partners from merchandise or sponsorship deals.
A lot of well-liked YouTubers have secured profitable deals of sponsorship with brand names. This is just for the reason that these creators have generated a significant audience. Moreover, they are in the correct place at the correct time.
Agreements of sponsorship are completed outside of YouTube and may take a long procedure with the sponsorship company.
3. Earning of YouTube partners from the revenues of advertising.
YouTube captures approximately 45% share of the revenues earned via advertising, even though the cost (also known as cost per mile or thousand, CPM) charged to the advertisers varies. Most partners earn in the range of $0.30 CPM to $2.50 CPM, however they may be exceptions. For larger YouTube players, the earning capacity now is approximately $10 for them.
4. Earning of partners from the subscription of paid channels.
In 2013, YouTube announced the launch of a subscription service of channels which are paid. This allowed publishers and creators to charge for the video content they upload. They also launched about 53 channels with monthly charge in the range of $0.99 to $6.99.
From the above ways, it can be seen that one can make a living from YouTube, however as with any creative enterprise; the smarter you work, the more optimized your videos are, and the better you are at marketing, the more likely you’ll be able to make money.